Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Reply Poem



Recently came across a poem by Christopher Marlowe called "Come live with me and be my love". Its a love poem written by him to his beloved.

It was a fun task given to me by a respected person to attempt writing a reply to Christopher Marlowe's poem in the present scenario! I just tried doing the same and it was absolutely good experience :) Here it goes:

(Read Christopher Marlowe's poem HERE and then read the following)


A reply to Christopher Marlowe's poem


The lovely valleys, hill and groves

The steepy woods that I adore

If you can show me such pleasures

Away from this concrete jungle my love


The reeking rush and the running crowd,

The engulfed pandemonium by the horrid hustle!

If we can heave out of this and fly to the melodious birds

And the shallow rivers that regales mind and rejuvenates love

I would like to come to thee and be thy love!


No matter the roses, the fragrance

The flowers or the kirtles embroidered!

No desirous on any finest gowns

Not the fair lined slippers or the amber studs


The essence begets in thy true love that crest

If thee sprinkle this and if it deepens our belonging

This does please me and make me move

I would then be delighted to live with thee and be thy love!

No comments: